3.22.2010

What a weekend!

Oh, man. Where do I begin? It's been a couple days so my thoughts are a little scrambled. Gonna need to really focus, here. Hmmm... Uh... Guess I should start from the beginning, eh?

Had some drinks Friday night with my buddy and his girlfriend. What a time that turned out to be. Silly of me to think I could go for just a drink and leave after an hour considering my friend and I had to be up early for the first golf round of the season. Yeah, um, 4 mojitos and 3 hours later... lol. You know it's a good time when a conversation about the upcoming movie PREDATORS leads to screaming in random peoples' faces because you think you're an actual Predator! It wasn't me doing it, either. Needless to say, My buddy was not in good shape the next morning. It's all good, though. You gotta cut loose sometimes. We both had some things to celebrate and we were so damn excited to play the next day.

So we had our round the next morning at Indian Island. As hungover as we were, it was hard to not be happy. It wasn't crowded. The weather was PERFECT. Just couldn't ask for a better time even when I played chicken with an errand shot. My buddy shanked it right at me and I didn't even move. I'd say the ball came within a foot of my head and I just watched it sail bye. It was awesome! So, obviously, we had our miss-hits, sure, but just laughed everything off and relaxed. I played much better than I expected to, and finished with an 89. I could've used a few do-overs on the back 9 - that stupid 4-putt on the last par 3 really pissed me off - but what're you gonna do? Had some great drives which I was very happy about. I think I was averaging around 280 on the good ones and my iron-play was pretty good. My putting needs work, but that comes with time.

Ended up leaving and, with the weather as good as it was, I just couldn't stay in. Luckily, my friend hit me up to go do lunch and I suggested we go down Port. She came over and we drove down and it was a MADHOUSE! It was expected, but no biggie. We had food and drinks at Tequilla Jack's. Yes, I returned to the scene of the crime. A few other people met up with us and it was just a lot of fun. Place was empty so we had the bar to ourselves for a few hours. Later on we all started walking around and venturing off to different spots. Eventually, everyone left so we decided to have dinner at Pace's. Not even sure how long we were there for, but we had a good conversation, paired along with good food and wine - you can't beat it. Oh, and someone more drunk than i was started playing 'Home Sweet Home' on a piano, so, naturally, I had to start singing. It got a few laughs so it's all good.

I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I didn't even sleep, which, to me, is worse than a hangover. I was just stumbling around all morning. I tried driving around, but couldn't shake it off. So, I did what turned out to be a bad move and go grocery shopping. I think I must've forgotten about a dozen items I needed, because I was concentrating more on not crashing into the stacks of crap at the end of every aisle. I think I even growled at someone. Not sure.

Came back home and - this is how out of it I was - my aunt and uncle were there helping my parents butcher a pig (I'm Portuguese, remember?) and when I asked 'em when they got there they said they were there all morning! We had some grilled pork cutlets which were amazing as usual. If you've never had them cut straight from the animal, you can't understand how good it actually is! Tried passing out afterwards but just couldn't sleep. I lumbered off to go check out a few more houses and, again, they were all crap. All except the last one. Really nice home built in 2005, but it ended up having a whole story behind it. Seems like a good deal considering it's new, but it has a small backyard (house is set far back because an old one was knocked-down in order to build this one) and it's actually a short sale. It wasn't stated on the listing because it's a different type of short sale, according to the owner, and wouldn't take the usual 6 months to a year process to get a deal through. Gonna have to mull that one over. Still waiting on the other one I put an offer on. This one I just saw is nice, but the other has better property and less taxes. Guess the waiting continues.

Got home and I reheated the leftovers from Pace's and watched Ninja Assassin, which I rented off PSN (love it!). What a good fucking movie! Sure, the story is predictable and nothing you haven't seen before: Ninja is betrayed. Ninja vows revenge. Girl gets involved. Blood. Blood. Blood. But you know what I say? Fuck it! It's a movie about ninjas!!!! They did some really cool things and I loved how the ninjas came off as a little more supernatural than I expected. Come on. Blurry objects moving from shadow to shadow? Awesome! You wouldn't even think that the main character Raizo is played by Rain; a KOREAN POP-STAR! Yes, he was THAT good and you can respect how much effort he put into the role.

Later that night, around 1am, I woke up with the worst stomach pains I've ever had. I was in the fucking bathroom shitting my brains out and trying not to vomit - I was not letting go of the leftovers! I really hope that's not what did it, but you never know. All I know is that I was in a lot of pain and I'm still not feeling well. I've actually gone to the bathroom twice while writing this lengthy-ass post. I think I have to go, again. Yep. Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment