3.14.2010

Golf, Zombies and Lamborghinis

Come on. Be honest. You can't tell me that title didn't get your attention, huh? So, I went with a buddy of mine to check out the Long Island Golf Expo, today. On the way out there I got to see this little, yellow beauty on the road:



That right there is a Lamborghini Gallardo Superlegra. I believe that's Italian for "I cost more money than you'll ever make". Sigh...

So we get to the expo and, I gotta tell ya, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting something along the lines of other conventions/expos I've been to, but this turned out to be pretty boring. The only cool thing I saw was the Para-Golfer. Basically, it's a special wheelchair-like gizmo that lets someone without the use of their lower body be able to play golf. Pretty neat. I also got a quick video analysis of my swing. I need work. Apparently, I lean too much to the left, keep my arms too close to my body and swing too low, but my finish is strong. Funny, I never knew my golf swing was just like how I fuck. Go figure.

Ended up leaving after that and took a trip to Best Buy or, as I like to call it, Mecca. Checked-out some surround sound setups, PS3 stuff, and movies. Decided I've been renting long enough and needed to pick-up some Blu-Rays I've missed out on. I got 9 and Zombieland. I can't believe I waited to long to see them (let it be known that I only recently saw Avatar). Haven't seen 9 yet, but Zombieland was amazing! A helluva lot funnier than I expected. And that cameo from BM (not gonna spoil it) was brilliant!

Ok, it's late, the wings are kicking up, and it's way too shitty outside to bother going anywhere. Time for [adultswim]. Where's the Mylanta?

No comments:

Post a Comment