3.15.2010

Still stuffed

After some house hunting on Sunday, my dad and I had lunch at Luso in Smithtown. Now, I know what you're gonna say. "Serge! You went to a Brazilian Barbeque joint when you know you gave up red meat for Lent?!?"

I know, I know. My intention was to only have chicken, but I just can't be in there without gorging on wonderful, life-giving, all-you-can-eat, rotisserie meats! First piece I had was beef and my first taste of it in almost a month. Let me tell you, I almost fell out of my chair. There's just something about the way they cook everything, there. I ate more than my dad, for once and I'm STILL stuffed! I even skipped breakfast this morning. And don't even get me started on the pitcher of Sangria I downed. Ok, enough of this. I'm starting to get really fucking hungry, now. Let's move on...

So, yeah, I mentioned I went house hunting, again, right? I saw 4 houses total. 2 were crap and 2 I really liked. I'm kind of torn, now, because one is move-in condition and really well kept (gotta love old people) and the other is basically a blank slate and also in good condition, but needs updates. What to do... what to do... The second one needs a new driveway, new front siding (it's shit brown right now - no thanks), different paint color inside, some trim, and landscaping. The other one, with the old couple, just needs some color changes (no fucking way do I want purple, teal and pink bedrooms!) but that's it. I can't stop thinking about the potantial of the vacant house, though. I think putting updates into it will lead to a far greater value down the road. This is the first time in 4 months of searching that I've actually LIKED what I saw, not just for what's there, but what could be there. Oh, and di I mention it's cheaper and close to a driving range? You know I gotta make sure my priorities are in order. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment