3.17.2010

And so it begins...

Before I get onto the main topic I want to discuss, I just want to say that NO I did not pick up God of War 3, yet. Bummer, I know. I have a good excuse, though. You see, I have some new freelance work to do! Yay! One thing I can definitely set aside gaming for is a new project(s). Not gonna get too detailed about it, but it's a company involved in construction, so it's an industry I'm fairly familiar with (I am Portuguese, after all) and different than anything else I've done web work for. Should be interesting.

Ok, now, onto the topic at hand. Today, I will put an offer in on one of the houses I saw. Yes. Finally. The REAL fun begins! Needless to say, there are a lot of questions born of my pessimistic and cynical mind. Will they accept? Will they negotiate? Will they flip me the bird and laugh? Who's Harry Crumb? The one thing I have to keep in mind is if it doesn't go through, it ain't the end of the world. Just move on to the next lead. Not like it hasn't happened before. I've come across one or two that I liked, only to hear the day before a showing that it's off the market or some bullshit. People have been pushing me to rush because of the $8k tax rebate, but I say fuck you and let me worry about the house itself so I don't get screwed over because I was more worried about the rebate than the actual house, itself. I'd rather lose free money than get fucked for a shitload of money on the main deal.

Of course, there are other issues to consider, like if I'll still have a job after April, which is when our fiscal year ends/begins and when the cuts usually occur. I'd like to think I'll be ok, based on the work I do and it's value to the company. Very, very few people here do as much as I do and pretty much no one can even DO what I do. They need to go to overpriced agencies that don't even return the quality I generally provide (insert horn here). So, all that considered, should I be afraid? Hell yes! Of course I should be. You just never know what goes on behind the scenes. Now, I'd like to think that if I lost my job in the next month that I'd be able to find something within a few months. That I honestly don't doubt. However, what if that happens and I have to carry a mortgage, property taxes, bills, and my 10 illegitimate children? Ok, that last one isn't true, but that's a scary prospect.

I know it's happened to plenty of people and continues to happen. I'm pretty smart with my cash, so I plan on having quite a lot in the bank to support myself if need be. Maybe I'm just looking way to deep into this. Maybe I'm letting my pessimism get the best of me. Maybe its good. It'll keep me on my toes and keep me prepared. It hasn't failed me, yet. Maybe I just shouldn't worry anymore and just fucking do it.

Yeah. Just fucking do it...and be awesome!

Oh, I almost forgot! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment