6.22.2010

I got iOS 4. Now all I need is the phone.

After a few attempts at work, I finally let my iPhone sit by itself, at home, and installed iOS 4. I gotta say, though I'm using a 3G and missing some new features (multitasking, wallpapers), the features that were added are a VERY welcome addition. The first thing I noticed was the change to the dock where the main 4 icons reside. It now looks like that of OS X and is a fresh change over that tired looking patterned aluminum dock. Folders have already dropped my cluttered 10 pages of unorganized apps to 2! Email threading is wonderful. I no longer have to delete emails from webmail before downloading to the phone, saving just the most recent one (why isn't this in Apples Mail client?????).

The phone isn't any faster. In fact, it was a bit choppy at first, but after a few minutes of use it got back to normal. It'd be nice to have the multitasking there and the ability to have a wallpaper depicting a naked female doing naughty things with fruits and vegetables in the background, but I guess I'll just have to wait another day. Speaking of which...

Got yet another notification from Apple saying that my iPhone will arrive on the 23rd (instead of the 24th)! Here's to hoping they won't decide to hold all shipments until launch. I think that wouldn't make much sense. Considering how many people will be buying and activating phones on launch day, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to add all the preorders and tempt another AT&T server debacle like what happened on 6.15. No, I doubt they'll hold shipments. Shit, I'll drive to the FedEx hub holding my iPhone hostage and raise some hell! Portugal scored 7 goals and I got enough adrenaline still in me from that to cause a real shitfest for 'em if need be!

No comments:

Post a Comment