3.29.2010

Chokeslammin' good time!

In my previous post I made a mention of some shenaningans that took place over the weekend. Allow me to explain...

Friday night, starting around 830, my buddy kept texting me to come out 'n have drinks. I was on the fnece about going. I had work to do and wanted to be clear-headed the next day. I said I may go, but not definite. After 39227 txts, at 1030 he said, "It's me and 7 girls. Come down!" So, naturally. I did.

Met up with my friend, his fiance and her lovely friends (all nurses, too!) at the usual spot, Down Port. Had a couple mojitos. Then went off to Danford's. I couldn't get in because I had a t-shirt on. No biggie. Went to Tommy's for a few beers and then met up with the girls again at Billies. So we're all talking, drinking and having a good time. Later on in the night I notice some older, white-haired gentleman stumbling around the bar. He bumped into me once or twice, but I didn't really care. He was old and drunk. I should be so lucky if I can do that at his age.

I see him go over to my friends fiance, and she just wasn't having it. Her immediate response was to turn around in her chair very slowly. He didn't get the point. I walk over and get in between them and tell the guy that she's my friends fiance and he should leave her alone. Before he even had a chance to respond, a hand comes streaking passed the left side of my face and grabs the mans throat. It was my friend. He throws this guy right into the corner of the bar and against the front window. I thought they were both going right through! I couldn't even move because I was both shocked and, well, let's face it, I thought it was funny as shit.

Within seconds two bouncers pounce on 'em and a bartender hops over the bar to join the fray. Men yelling. Girls screaming. I didn't spill any of my beer. The old man got thrown out, and they decided to let my friend stay when we told them what exactly happened and they sympathized with him. I think that's the first time in history that bouncers DIDN'T throw someone out for chokeslamming someone in a bar. Awesome! The old guy got stopped by some cops and was hauled away. Drunk in public, I guess. So that's really it. Drove my friend and his fiance home, only to find out they left the house keys in the truck. Went back down, got the keys and then dropped them off. Again.

So that's about it. Nothing much else happened. Worked most of the weekend. It was too cold out to do anything, so no golf. Nothing new on the house front, either. I did replay a little Heavenly Sword (they really need to add some TROPHY SUPPORT!) when I had some down time. I also did those two wallpapers I posted about, below. Ahh... looks like another busy week ahead and you know what? It's all good!

Stay Awesome!

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment