7.13.2010

I Miss My Car

Don't worry, she's not gone. She's just at the shop. However, being stuck without the car, when normally I'd have a loaner to rely on, just plain sucks. Needed some things done to her that would normally cost an arm and a leg at the dealer, so, instead, I took her to a buddy of mine at a competing dealership. I'm going to save something like 70%! I guess not having my car to rely on and possibly pissing off my boss by having to work from home and equally pissing off my sister for having to chauffeur me around is a small price to pay. It got me thinking about something else...

Do I get another vehicle? I've been thinking about getting a totally new car, but I've been happy not having a bloated car payment over my head for some time now. Also, since I'm trying to get a house, wouldn't it be nice to have a truck or pickup that can help take stuff to and from the house since I'll be at Home Depot and various other do-it-yourself-if-you-dare places? Plus, if it's a 4x4/awd it can help in the winter on those days where I can't drive my car. Sounds like a great idea, right? Well, it is! I just have to get a house, first. Can't exactly be adding another car to our parking lot. Maybe I can convince pops that he could use it anytime he wants? Hmm... we shall see.

Now I guess I gotta start looking at pickups which, let's be honest, I know nothing about. Single cab? Crew cab? Heavy duty? Light duty? Turbo? Diesel? Spray liner? AAAAARRGGGHHH!!!! This is gonna be fun.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment