4.20.2010

Too...effing...busy...

I was trying real damn hard to keep up with this blogging crap, but, everything got in the way. It would be a lot easier if this shit was tied into my brain and I could just post with a thought. Oh, future. Where art thou???

So, I made it out to the Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks seminar at the Javits Center, last Friday. Very fun and informative. Or is informative and fun? I forgot. Either way, it was good. Dave Cross just knows how to communicate all the wonderful Photoshop goodness and I didn't fall asleep once. Honest! I didn't really learn much that I didn't already know, but I got a lot of good ideas on how to make my work process more efficient. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I know EVERYTHING about Photoshop (though I have been using it for over 10 years), there were a few things I didn't know before, but, for the most part, I was getting different ways of doing things I already do. The best parts had to be where he showcased some features in the upcoming CS5 release. Let me tell you. If you use Photoshop, you have to upgrade! There are some things they've added that will save you TONS of time. I'm not gonna spend the whole time talking about 'em, but if you really want to know (and you should!) check out the features here. Looks like I'll have to borrow my friend's educational credentials very soon. d:-)

One thing I definitely learned that day is that I don't ever want to have a daily commute into the city. I took a pretty easy train schedule - 750am and 522pm - and it was still a pain in the ass. First of all, it was expensive. Cost me about $40 which, if you add that up on a weekly basis, we're talking about $200 PER WEEK! Granted, I had to buy one-ways because I fucked up in the morning not knowing that you can't buy round-trips during peak rush hour. That's a really fucking stupid rule, but, whatever. Second, it's fucking booorrriiiiinnnggggg! On the way in I tried killing time by watching Zombieland on my iPad, but I found myself skipping just because I felt so damn antsy. At least if I was driving I'd have been moving around and alert. Instead, I just wanted to jump out of the fucking train! On the way back I took a nap, which felt nice. I had a cute Asian chick sitting in front of me, but she was pregnant and that just grosses me out. I am totally incapable of finding a pregnant girl desirable. Sorry, but that's just how I am.

Ended up getting picked-up by my buddy at Wyandanch and met up with other friends at The Grill Room. Nice place. Good vibe. Good music. Good food, too! Had me a 14oz NY Strip. Ooohhh momma!!! Shit was nice and cooked perfectly. Oh, and there was a man-faced hooker there, too. Turned out to be my friend's coworker. Her actions led to some laughter at her expensive. Gotta love stupid, drunk whores - even if they do have a man-face!

Not much else happened over the weekend. Did some work n whatnot. Played golf on Sunday over at Heatherwood. Did ok on the front with a 36, but totally shit the bed on the back nine with a 45. Wait. Did I say 'shit the bed'? No, that was more like 'flaming diarrhea and acid blood from Alien mixed with the video of a puppy dying'. Yeah, that's how bad it was. I need to get to the range. Nothing felt right, even when I was playing ok.

This week is shaping up to be pretty good. My buddy got tickets for the Mets game this Wednesday BEHIND HOME PLATE!!! yeah, I'm psyched for that one! Then, on Friday, my friend is spinning at my favorite fucking restaurant, HONU. Don & Ginger's all night, baby! Wait, wasn't I supposed to be saving money, right now? Dammit. Ok. Don & Ginger's paid for by everyone else all night! d;-)

c ya when I c ya.

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment